Time before College ~ Words of preparedness

One may think that Graduation is a very exciting time; others may think it is a scary time. Regarding graduation, it is in my own opinion, that it is not the graduation ceremony itself that induces worry, but rather the events after graduation.

The time spent leading up to graduation is some of the greatest, yet most awkward times one can experience. To think that one’s entire life has been a steady routine up until now, and to suddenly be informed it will change. Become different. Do we, as Upperclassman, know what to expect in the outside world, and are we ready for it when it comes to greet us? I seem to think so, given many reasons why.

There are so many things which High School has prepared us for, regarding preparedness for college. One of the most important things one could do is anticipate. Anticipate what college is expecting, and what it is expecting of you. Strive to prepare for this, so one is not surprised and overwhelmed when the time comes. Be educated what is asked and be ready for when it is required. One fairly common roadblock to expect and plan to overcome could be for example, time management.

Time management if left unattended can, and will run away from you. Keep a planner. Be it in a notebook, laboriously handwritten, or kept track of on a digital calendar (ie. app on phone). It is important to put the priorities first, and do them quickly and with quality pertaining to a routine, so you can have more freetime, or to work on some other class or assignment.

Another way college is ready for us, and one is ready for it, is the counselors available. They can aid you if you have issues. There are also possibly many libraries or study spaces available on campus, enabling effective was to study. Another notable resource is on campus tutors, who will aid one in completing, and/or studying a given subject.

These are a few ways in which one could take advantage of, in order to become more prepared for college, and hopefully it is helpful in aiding future college students in the endeavor.