Surprising Origins of New Hall Monitor

Surprising Origins of New Hall Monitor

In the last few months, the student of holt have become familiar with a new face in the hallways. Our new hall monitor Brenden Schaeffer has been often mistaken for a student but is actually a married adult. He has filled in for many teachers and an emergency substitute.

He was a student at Holt in years past. Brenden was active in theater during his time here at Holt. He acted as thespian president for some time during his high school career and often makes a point to say high to the school’s current thespian president Dominic Barbosa (19’). It’s valuable for the students who are currently involved in the theater program to see how theater alumni grow and change in their time outside of highschool. All the theater students have become fond of his great attitude.

Possibly the most interesting thing about our newest hall monitor is that he is an official sports writer for the kmov sports section online! He also writes for Mukrack.Because of his awesome writing, he’s verified on twitter (much to the amazement of Mrs. Swanson’s journalism class),  and has well written articles about St. Louis sports.Some articles are even about the kmov teams predictions about sports seasons. We included a few links to his pieces at the end of this article! Feel free to check them out!

Whether acting as a substitute or a hall monitor he has made a great impression among the student body as a positive and funny guy to meet.