The Wizard of Oz Review

People all around the community look forward to the Wentzville School District theater productions each year. On April 4, 5 and 6 Holt students presented “The Wizard of Oz”. For every student seen on stage there were even more behind the curtain making the amazing production run as smooth as possible.

“I was thrown right into this production only two days before the show and I was put in charge of putting microphones on people and knew barely anyone. Shortly, I made so many new friendships and felt at home with these people. Theatre can really bring people together,” said Kayla Petelik (‘19). The theater is a place where students can create friendships and give the crowd a magical performance.

With the exception of a few prop malfunctions The Wizard of Oz was a big hit at the school. Lead performances by Madison Steiner (‘18) as Dorothy, Dylan Soberg (‘20) as Scarecrow, Sean Harvey (‘18) as Tin Man and Gabe Wargowsky (‘18) as Lion left the audience in awe of the talent the students posses.

The adorable performance from middle and elementary students as the Munchkins left the crowd smiling and Sargent Peppers who played Toto could have stolen the show. The costumes and prop were very realistic and felt just like the movie. Director Richard Buschard did a truly fantastic job directing this Holt show.

Each and every student who participated in the production did a fantastic job and should be proud of their performance. It is safe to say the audience was able to travel over the rainbow without leaving the C.H. Jones Auditorium.