Scholar Bowl Preview

The Scholar Bowl team is surprisingly full of Sophomores due to a large push from Mrs. Bopp, is already shaping up to have a great team. Four teams have gone to two meets and played two games each, resulting so far in a record of 12-4 . At the latest meet on 12/11 the team nearly had a flawless run, going 7-1 with a team losing one game. That team was missing a couple of players, meaning that not only did they have zero subs, they were also down a player.

The team is led by Mr. Saunier and Mrs. Bopp. Mrs. Bopp has been a coach for scholar bowl for the last seven years and Mr. Saunier has coached for the last 11.

Both Mr. Saunier and Mrs. Bopp will be present when Holt’s Scholar Bowl team hosts a tournament on December 5 at Holt. It’s a Saturday and several schools will come and compete. Holt’s team won’t be personally competing, but rather reading questions and keeping score throughout the day.

The four teams are separated into two groups, veterans and freshman. It’s all based on how long you’ve played, so even though many sophomores are on the team they’re on the freshman team since this is their first year. Each group is comprised of several people. Only four can be in play, but at halftime you can switch out for any backups.

Scholar Bowl looks great on your college application, and while it is too late in the season to join now, the team is always glad to take more on next season.