Best School Supply Brands

More stories from Megan Thompson

You’re Not Alone
April 16, 2020
Lipsync
December 10, 2019

Megan Thompson

Some of the different products Bic, a brand students recommend, offers.

During back to school season, students come across making the decision of what brands of school supplies to buy. While some might buy what is cheapest and others might go for what’s more fashionable, it is important to look for reliable school supplies when you can.

“Five Star plastic folders and notebooks. They don’t rip and last a while,” said Jacob Nelson (‘22) when answering a survey on the best school supplies to use. Five Star was a commonly put answer as it is known to be very durable. Another brand known for good notebooks is Mead.

“Mead,” said Trinity Tealzelle (‘23) “because the paper is thick and doesn’t tear too easy”
Some pens can run out of ink too fast or have trouble writing and no one wants to deal with buying more pens every month. Some pens students recommend to keep you from running to the store all the time are InkJoy and Bic.

“ANYTHING except Paper Mate mechanical pencils. Those things will break if anyone in a 10-foot radius needs something to write with,

— Kassidy Henry (‘23)

“InkJoy because they write smoothest,” said Samantha Wainscott (‘23). InkJoy is a pen brand by Paper Mate.
“Bic because they last longer,” said Tysheah Gooden (‘23) Bic is known for their pencils, pens, highlighters and permanent markers.

Reviewing responses from the survey, an overwhelming amount of people recommended Paper Mate as their choice brand for pencils.“Paper Mate because they last a long time, look nice, and are not annoying to hold,” said Aruba Ahmad (‘23).“Paper Mate clear point mechanical pencils because of the grip and led plus their led comes in different colors,” said Gina Saso (‘22)

Even though most people recommended Paper Mate, not everyone did. “ANYTHING except Paper Mate mechanical pencils. Those things will break if anyone in a 10-foot radius needs something to write with, said Kassidy Henry (‘23)

Taking these opinions into consideration can help you make up your mind on what the best brand of pencils, pens, notebooks, and folders is to use.