Practical Tips for Surviving the Last 23 Days of School

Kyle Fronczak

As the end of the year approaches, some students are staying calm and are ready for final assignments while others sometimes panic.

The end of the school year is tough. No need to sugar coat it. Teachers and students alike seem to experience a mass mindset shift toward summer, and everything both speeds up and slows down at the same time. Each day seems to drag on, while there doesn’t seem to be enough time left in the school year to get everything done.

The days may be getting longer and summer activities may be getting started very soon, but that’s not an excuse to disrupt the school year routine. Make a point of maintaining consistency in your homework time, family mealtime, bedtime, wake-up time, and any other daily rituals you have. This will help keep yourself in the mindset for school and improve focus in the classroom right up to the last day of the school year.

Keeping up appearances at the end of the school year is a challenge for some, while others have no problem showing up for school. While the year and your interests might be winding down, there’s no reason to fly through your assignments. Resist the temptation to zone out during the last few days of school instead, motivate yourself to keep going with assignments no matter how hard they may be.

It could also help to relax when you’re at home and mentally prepare yourself for the next day. Most students will also do better if they have everything they need organized.

After countless homework assignments, reports, essays, and tests, both teachers and students deserve to have some fun. Teachers can inspire students’ creativity by planning activities, games, and competitions to finish off the year. Students can also talk to teachers ahead of time to see what the plans for the class are, that way they can be prepared. If students are mentally prepared for the last few days of school, students can do well on all of the tests they take and other assignments.