Expectations for the Freshman Football Team

Every year the freshman teams get very little attention, but maybe the school should take some notice. Freshman teams are the future of the school, yet they tend to fly under the radar.

The Freshman football team won their first game against Ritenour 20-6 and played a great game against Battle. The team is proving they can be valuable players for future teams. So far this year the freshman Indians are 500 on the season having scored 49 total points while allowing 42.

“We have a good team and this is probably the start of a winning generation,” said Logan Katen (20).  One day these boys will be the center of attention on Friday nights, so why not start watching them now?

A lot of the freshman players want more support and encouragement from their classmates. The student body is telling them they are not a good team, but these boys believe if they felt supported by their friends they could improve.

“A lot of our school underestimates our teams all the time,”says Katen. Holt High School football teams work harder than some students realize.

However, the players do agree that they could put in more effort. “We’ll have a winning season if we work hard,” said Jacob Rothenberger (20).

Freshman plan on making this a winning season and supporting Varsity every step of the way. Maybe these freshman boys are the beginning of some great football at Holt.