Homecoming from Home

One+part+of+homecoming+that+students+like+to+participate+in+is+taking+pictures+before+the+dance.+

One part of homecoming that students like to participate in is taking pictures before the dance.

After moving the homecoming dance from October to February, it has been decided to cancel the homecoming dance for the 2020-2021 school year due to Covid-related circumstances. Seniors are going to miss out on their last homecoming and freshman will miss out on their first one. Not a lot of surprise is shown by students regarding the cancellation of homecoming.

“I wasn’t surprised because of how Holt has handled other school activities,” Megan Smith (‘22) said. “They’ve taken the spread seriously when it comes to things outside of school.”

While canceling homecoming was good for the health of the students and staff, seniors will not be getting their senior year homecoming. 

“I don’t think it was a good idea to cancel [homecoming] for seniors since it’s their last one and all, but for safety reasons, I think it’s a good idea.” Genevieve Lightle (‘23) said. 

Despite the fact that the students cannot go to the dance together as a whole, some plan to go to restaurants or chill out at home to still celebrate homecoming. 

“I plan to give my girlfriend a homecoming no matter what,” Austin Fisher (‘23) said. “I was gonna surprise her, but I couldn’t because I have to get her parents’ permission.  I still plan on giving her a special night.”

To those who plan to do still hang out, social distance and wear masks. Remember that we are still in a pandemic.