Spinning Towards Nationals

Holt Guard Needs Students Help

Determined. Innovated. Driven. All words that can be used to describe the Holt Color Guard. They work hard and long, trying to be the best they can, not only for them, but for the entire school. However, they are now facing a problem of sorts, and they need the students of Holt High School’s help.

The Winter Guard is in need of votes to win a new tarp for performances.

Their performance tarp has been a complication for the Winter Guard, which is the guard after marching season, for years. The guard performs on this tarp, “because it makes dance stuff easier, helps with the presentation of our show and helps keep us from injuring the floor with our equipment,” said Yuki Dietz (‘19).

Now, the tarp that they are performing on weighs over 300 pounds, and they have to add a new paint job each year to match themes. The group has to carry it over their heads on and off the gyms where they perform, and with all the girls being relatively small, it makes it quite hard to do. Their coaches though, Chris and LeaAnne, have found a way to make things a little easier.

They have entered the Holt High School Color Guard into a competition to win a new tarp, and all that people need to do is go online and vote. Go to tinyurl.com/vote-whwg. From there, all that has to be done is the voting portion! Just click on Holt and do it.

Holt High School is also partnering with Freedom Percussion who are entered in the independent section of the competition, so helping them out as well would be very helpful.

People may think that this might not affect them, but as long as students remain in Holt, it does. The Winter Guard is going to many competitions, even to World Championships. They have a great chance at doing wonderful, and this tarp would only make it easier to wrack up the points.

The guard begs readers to help them out and vote. They are in a close race with another school, and would love to be able to beat them once and for all. The deadline are October 14, 2016, so what’s the wait for?