Audacious Authors Literary Awards

On November 28,  Audacious Authors hosted the Literary Awards at 6:30 pm to present the Literary Anthology, Tribe Tales.

Cael Nolan, Cale Barnes, Megan Thompson, Bella Burzio-Roca, Marcus Shontz, Danielle Bauer, Gage Smith, Lily Bancroft, Jasmine Hughes, Sharayu Shrinivas, Brooke Ginger, Jordyn Wallace, Connor James, Shania Walker, Breanna Trail, Kiana English, Nashod Chappel, Kaitlyn McCune, and Gabriel Mueller were all recognized for an award.

The literary anthology awards was for all students of Holt and anyone in any grade could enter their piece of writing. “There was given a deadline on November 1 and after that we took all the submissions and omitted the author’s names and we chose the pieces to publish,” said Cael Nolan, a member of Audacious Authors.

This whole event was possible because of a grant provided by the WSD Foundation. Students and their family were invited to the awards ceremony, which had an 84% attendance rate. Many students read their work aloud once they came to the stage by way of a red carpet and a decorated arch to receive their award. After the ceremony, a reception followed where parents expressed their pride they had in their children, their work, and their bravery to submit their work for publication.

Production of  the anthology was possible due to the very talented students in the publications department: Brooke Ginger, Anna Ramsey, Maggie Poronto, Lily Bancroft and Elissa May who designed the pages. ” The hardest part was coming up with ideas for the pages and making them all unique,” said Anna Ramsey (’18) ” I would like to thank all the writers for writing cool stuff for me to make and inspire me to make awesome pages. Also this chair is squeekie, low key.”