Senior Year

Senior+Year

As a high school student, people always tell you how fast the four years go and to enjoy those four years, but you don’t typically listen to their advice until it’s your last year.

Senior year is the most exciting, but sometimes dreadful year of high school. It’s the year you take in the last things you’ll do in high school, yet make the most memories out of. Your last: Friday night lights and the hype of lighting up the W, homecoming and preparing for the dance and parade, sports games and watching our teams score and win, prom and enjoying the last school dance you’ll have in high school, etc.

As each event is being checked off, one after another, you eventually realize that you are in the final stretch of senior year. The only event to check off the list now is graduation.

The big day. The day you and your classmates, that you’ve grown up with, walk across the stage and receive a piece of paper, congratulating you on all your hard work. The last day that your class will all be together and probably the last time you’ll ever see them again. Most of the time, you have to keep reminding yourself that you’ll be graduating soon. It’s something you’ve thought about for years and years, but now that it’s finally here, it doesn’t seem real.