Student Council Elections

It is that time of the year again to vote for StuCo President and Vice President. Every year candidates create amazing campaigns and wait to hear what the student body has to say. Election will be head on April 13th and will be sent to students emails. Candidates for the 2018-19 school year are Thomas Neveau (’19) with Gia Bargaineer (’19), Sophie Dattilo (’19) with Taylor Bell (’19) and finally Kylee Orick (’19) with Steven Marion (’19).  Here is what the candidates had to say:

Tommy Neveau

I believe that I am the best candidate for Student Council president because I would make Holt a better place. I will make sure that Holt’s spirit thrives, it’s students are happy, and it’s walls are an enjoyable place to be within. Thank you.

Gia Bargaineer

I should be elected because I am very passionate about making this school a better place to be alongside my partner Tommy! We have been wanting this election since we got inducted into Student Council at the end of our freshmen year. Most importantly, I want to increase the school spirit and the positivity all around to make the students (especially incoming freshmen) feel more accepted into Holt and to learn to love their school!  

Sophie Dattilo

Hello, I am Sophie Dattilo and I want to be your Student Council President.  I believe in inclusivity not exclusivity and my respect for everybody is the same.  I feel we should all stand up for someone being wronged, support our fellow indians and bleed blue and gold.  I’ll promote the interests of the student body and work with faculty to identify and improve student facilities.

Taylor Bell

I think I would be an excellent selection for Student Council VP. I am determined, creative, and committed to Stuco. I think I would bring a lot of new ideas to Student Council-specifically how to improve school spirit and better our events. As VP, I’d strive to make the student body and Student Council more connected and involved with one another. I want to make next year as successful as it can possibly be!

Kylee Orick

I believe that I should be elected as President of Student Council because I will bring a new side to Holt that we, as a student body, have yet to see. I am willing to dedicate my senior year to making Holt a more spirited and lively high school. Myself and my campaign partner, Steven Marion, have made it our ultimate goal to make Holt High School a place you want to be not where you have to be. With Steven and I leading Holt High School you can only go “UP”!

Steven Marion

I believe I would be the best StuCo Vice President because I bring a lively and energetic attitude that StuCo hasn’t had in awhile. As Vice President in StuCo I will make Holt High School a more relaxed and easy-going environment and bring spirit back that has been lost. With Kylee and Steven as head of Student Council we will give back to the school and make Holt High School a place where everyone wants to be.

Good luck to all candidates from the staff of HoltTribe!