National Honor Society 2018 Induction

The Blue and Gold Chapter of the National Honor Society held its annual induction ceremony on April 26 at 7 pm. A total of 75 new members were welcomed into the prestigious club.

New members gathered on the stage with their candles lit to symbolized their joining of the Society. Yellow flowers are said to show appreciation for loved ones and after the candle lighting ceremony inductees were able to give their families a yellow flower to thank them for their support.

New officers were then inducted into office. The NHS President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Historian work hard to find rewarding community service opportunities for all members. Along with the advisers the officers allow the club to run as smooth as possible.

The ceremony featured two amazing speakers; Mr. Sean Walter, National Honor Society Teacher of the Year, and Dr. Shane Schlueter, Holt High School Principal. Walter was able to remind students why they were being honored and why they had attended the ceremony. Schlueter showed students it is fine to be nervous. Both speeches left the audience inspired and encouraged.

The ceremony ended with all National Honor Society member reciting the following pledge:

I pledge to maintain my high scholastic standing,

To hold as fundamental and worthy an untarnished character,

To endeavor intelligently and courageously to be a leader,

And to give of myself freely in service to others.

In so doing, I shall prove myself worthy of a place in the National Honor Society.

Sophomores and junor inductees were honored for their outstanding academic achievements as well as their service to the community and school. They were able to end the night by celebrating with the many cakes available. Congratulation to all new members.