The Tribe

All About Arnold

Brandon Lacke

Brandon Lacke

Josh Berg, Brandon Lacke and Evan Mead, Contributors

Everyone has something that they are passionate about, and for Coach Arnold it is basketball and his team.

Coach Arnold has coached high school basketball for 13+ years and has been here at Holt High School for six of those years. “Student athletes are different everywhere. Wentzville students have jobs while Winfield kids work on the farm,” Arnold said when talking about the different schools he has coached, including Winfield High School and Kirksville High School.

Arnold has continued to show dedication to his student athletes and his kids he coaches for all of the seasons he has coached. However, for Arnold, at the end of the day, it is not all about the final record on the standings. “We look for athleticism and talent, but more importantly we like to see how players interact with each other.” Arnold compared putting together a basketball team like “piecing a puzzle. You have to find the guys that fit together perfectly.”

Being a high school basketball coach comes with making a lot of memories with the players you coach.“Last year when we took the kids to Morning Star Church, it was something special. Seeing the guys have fun doing something for the community was memorable,” Arnold said while reflecting on his best memory during his coaching career.

Not only does Arnold love coaching, but he likes having the opportunity to coach and to teach students as well. “Teaching builds deeper relationships with my players in my class,” said Arnold.

Arnold is not just all about his own players and his team. He bleeds Holt athletics through and through. “Students need to be at home games and support student athletes,” Arnold said. At the end of the day, Coach Arnold is not just the basketball coach. He is a Holt Indian.