Back in Season

All throughout the summer, Holt’s teams have been working hard to come into the fall season. The fall sports that Holt participates in are girls volleyball, football, girls tennis, cross country, boys soccer, and boys swim. Now that the year has started, the teams are in full swing and ready to represent Holt High School.

The first team that has already had a game is the girls volleyball team. They participated in the Girls Varsity Jamboree at Northwest High School. Unfortunately, the team lost to Westminster and Northwest High School. However, there is still hope for the rest of the season. “I’m excited for the season to see how far we will make it,” said Sydney Kile (‘20).

Holt’s football team is starting off this season with their first game against Fort Zumwalt South. This will be at 7:00, August 24. Since it’s the first home game of the season, the annual back to school bash will also be going on. Last season was rough, but there is still hope for this season and the team will continue to build.

Cross country has been running since the beginning of the summer, and now they are looking forward to their first meet. This meet will be next Wednesday for the Fleet Feet meet in Wright City. There are many new faces this year who will be experiencing their first high school meet. “I’m really excited for the first meet,” said Sydney Cowan (‘22).

The boys soccer team is kicking it back into gear with their first game August 24. This will be against Mehlville at Rockwood Summit High School. This will be at 4:00.

Lastly, the boys swim team has a swim meet at Pattonville and they are competing against Pattonville and Timberland. This will be their first meet of the season and it is at 4:00 after school August 24.

Holt’s athletes are ready to show what Holt is made out of this fall season.