The Tribe

• December 3Basketball Boys Varsity Game @6:30 vs Warrenton @Home

• November 20Blue and Gold Wrestling Scrimmage @6

You Snooze You Lose

Back to Article
Back to Article

You Snooze You Lose

Megan Thompson, Photography Editor

We have all had those days where we can barely lift our heads off of our desks. But how can you stay awake during the day after those late night study sessions? Here are a few ways to keep your eyes open during the day.

The first method is by starting your day with a V8 energy drink or caffeinated teas like green tea. This will help wake you up before you go to school. Try to wake up at least 30 minutes before you need to leave so you can start to wake up your brain.

A good way to wake up your brain in the morning is by downloading the app Alarmy and setting it on the math option. This way when your alarm goes off in the morning you have to do math problems to get it to turn off. A tip for setting an alarm is you should play something that you would like to wake you up, so you do not have to wake up something that causes you to be aggravated and start your day out in a bad mood.

Once your at school it is a good idea to carry around a cold water bottle in classes that will allow it. The cold water will keep you up when you start feeling drowsy. You can also stop by the vending machine between classes for when you really need an extra boost.

Another method for staying up during class is by tricking your brain. You can tell yourself “If I can just get through one more class…” Or start smaller like finishing a problem or reading the next paragraph on an assignment.

It is also a good idea to keep your teachers informed  if you had a rough night or something happened. Most teachers are understanding and can help you out. Teachers are here to help you succeed after all.

The next method you can do really helps for when your just bored and that is causing you to be tired. Focus on what your teachers saying and try to find at least one thing that pops out to you in the lesson. Ask questions, and try to remain as focused as possible.

The last method you can do is try to cut down on naps after school. If you really need one, try to keep it under 15 minutes.

Megan Thompson, Photography Editor

**Class of 2020**Hello, my name is Megan. This is my second year on the magazine staff and first year has Photography Editor. I like musicals, cartoons,...

1 Comment

One Response to “You Snooze You Lose”

1. Austin Thompson on August 29th, 2018 10:45 pm

I am not trying to attack this article but I have some questions. What if you don’t have time to get caffeine into your body before you need to leave for school? Plus what happens if I wake up for thirty minutes but lay in my bed for 5 or 10 of those minutes? I like how you said that we should listen to or play an alarm that we like so we don’t wake up in a bad mood. If someone, where to go to a vending machine a lot of the things that have a lot of carbs are a sugary witch, would make you have a sugar crash wouldn’t it? This article was great so keep up the good work I will try some of these if I get tired in school.

Thanks,
    Austin Thompson

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• You Snooze You Lose

School Information

Lil’ Shopper’s Shoppe

• You Snooze You Lose

News

Immigrants Rush Border at San Diego

• You Snooze You Lose

Opinion

When You Can’t Wait For Christmas

• You Snooze You Lose

Entertainment

Binge Worthy

• You Snooze You Lose

Features

Behind the Scenes: Library

• You Snooze You Lose

Student Life

Applauding the Veterans

• You Snooze You Lose

Sports

Boys Basketball Preview

• You Snooze You Lose

Sports

Pin It To Win It

• You Snooze You Lose

Sports

Dance of the Flags

• You Snooze You Lose

Sports

Girls Swim Team Prepares for the Upcoming Season

The student news site of  Holt High School
You Snooze You Lose