The Tribe

• January 25Basketball Girls Varsity Tournament @Washington 7:00

The Doors Spoken within the Tribe

Ms.Huesermann said she let her students pick the theme of the door. They thought it would be a good idea to decorate the door hawaiian style. She got a lot of help from her students for the ideas and the details put into the decoration; they borrowed materials from the theater department. “The time to decorate the door took a total of three days with an additional 30 minutes each day,” Ms.Huesermann stated.

Sakyia Johnson

Sakyia Johnson & Ta’nia Anderson, Contributor

Holt’s homecoming theme was“ All around the world”.  Teachers were encouraged to decorate their classroom doors to support the homecoming theme, the football team or any other way they chose. The teacher(s) & student(s) could  show school spirit by rooting for Holt’s sport team or any sports team they liked the most. 35 classrooms decorated their doors in the theme that they chose. Many doors were all about football and the homecoming game. All doors were nicely decorated and amazing. Teachers really showed their school spirit and did a great job rooting on the football team for the big homecoming game.

Showing school spirit was really shown in the halls ways. Walking down and seeing all the decorated doors showed the school we have spirit. The students were very active in this experience; if they were a part of the class activity, they are a part of the school community. It is really nice to have students and Teachers active within the school. All teachers did an amazing job at decorating their classroom doors. “Yes” most were football themed, but all of them were different in so many ways…

There were plates decorated as footballs, there where different color football fields, there were different color doors, and there were “all around the world” themed doors. Everything was very outstanding. Holt really appreciates the school spirit. You can tell that there is so much positivity within the Holt High School when everyone comes together as one to support the teams on the field and off the Field. Go Holt Indians! Way to accomplish spirit week!