The Tribe

• April 18Anne Frank Play 7:00 @Holt Auditorium

• April 18Varsity Track Ft Zumwalt North Invitational 3:00

• April 18Soccer Girls Varsity v FHN @Home 6:00

The Problem With Wentzville

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Problem With Wentzville

Photographer: Mic Beedy
The almost empty donut box sits as students worry in horror about where they will get their next donut.

Photographer: Mic Beedy The almost empty donut box sits as students worry in horror about where they will get their next donut.

Mic Beedy, Sports Editor

There is something seriously wrong with Wentzville, Missouri. The town has many things- from Chick Fil a to Mattress Firm and everything in between. But Wentzville is missing something, and it’s destroying the town.

It’s two words; Krispy Kreme.

“The donut places in Wentzville cannot stay in business, and I’d rather get some top tier donuts than running to a Schnucks,” said Rachel Nolte (‘20)

No hate on Schnucks, but it’s depressing that Wentzville does not have donuts that are made from the finest ingredients,

This is a town wide crisis. The nearest one is 17 miles away! How do you expect me to drive 17 miles to get my daily dose of donuts. It’s absolutely ridiculous.  

Wentzville needs a Krispy Kreme for many reasons, but a big reason is that we are a growing population and one donut shop is not going to work. Disasters will happen. Imagine this: you pull up to the one donut shop in Wentzville. The line is down the street, onto the highway. You get in line, you don’t leave for days. Once you finally get your donut you’re famished. You buy over 100 donuts causing your card to be declined. The world ends.

Okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration. But it’s pretty close.

“We are a growing population with only one donut shop in town,” said Makenna Seghers (‘21).

A Krispy Kreme here would do very well, people from far and wide would come for the donuts. We could have fresh donuts made from the masters of donuts.

Also, donuts have been proven to be able to relieve stress in some people. Even if it’s a short amount of time, it could still help many people.

Wentzville, we need to band together and solve a crisis. We need to find a way to secure a future for a children, a future that includes a Krispy Kreme.

About the Writer
Mic Beedy, Sports Editor

Well hi! I'm Mic Beedy and I'm a Junior at Holt. I'm a huge Portland Thorns and USWNT fan. I play soccer here at Holt and for club. I also run cross country...

7 Comments

7 Responses to “The Problem With Wentzville”

1. JP on February 14th, 2019 9:01 am

Dunkin’

2. jim irelan on February 15th, 2019 7:58 pm

Krispy Kreme donuts suck,just stick your tongue in a sugar bowl, try Heaven Scent donuts on Bryan rd, best donuts around, and not 17 miles, I do agree wentzville needs a great donut shop but Krispy Kreme isnt it

3. Patty on February 16th, 2019 12:47 am

No more junk food please! Looking for healthy places to eat not fast food and sugary options. If your stressed exercise is a great activity for that… Sorry no donuts for me!

4. claire on February 21st, 2019 10:55 am

heaven scent donut 10000x more wanted than krispy creame

5. Aspen Deslongchamps on March 4th, 2019 12:23 pm

Dunkin’ is better! 😀

6. Macie McQuerrey on March 12th, 2019 11:41 am

I really like this idea because it was super unique and I wouldn’t have ever thought of it. You did really good describing with description, and it was really well thought out.

7. Jaden walls on March 19th, 2019 9:52 am

I love donuts and i think we should take this issue to the mayor of wentzville and let the city of wentzville decide whether we should have one or not.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Problem With Wentzville

Opinion

The True Meaning of Equality

• The Problem With Wentzville

Opinion

A Greener, Cleaner World

• The Problem With Wentzville

News

Teens Using Juuls

• The Problem With Wentzville

Opinion

Words Hurt

• The Problem With Wentzville

Opinion

Teens Addicted to their Cell Phone

• The Problem With Wentzville

Opinion

Why is Animal Testing Legal?

• The Problem With Wentzville

Opinion

Me Too, Baby!

• The Problem With Wentzville

Opinion

When You Can’t Wait For Christmas

• The Problem With Wentzville

Opinion

Can Money Really Buy Happiness?

• The Problem With Wentzville

A & E

A Shot In The Dark: Molly Burke

The Student News Site of  Holt High School
The Problem With Wentzville