The Tribe

• May 9Band WMS Concert 6:30 @Holt High School

One Final Ride

Back to Article
Back to Article

One Final Ride

B & B Theater advertises the movie with a huge banner.

Emily Teismann

Emily Teismann

Emily Teismann

Emily Teismann, Contributor

Nine years since the world fell for the adorable toothless dragon and his clever Viking rider, the trilogy is coming to an end with one final ride on Friday, February 22, 2019. The charm, the humor, the wonder has enthralled fans since the very beginning and has continued to do so until the very end.

The series began in 2010 opening to the Norse island of Berk, where fighting dragons is a part of everyday life. Hiccup (Jay Baruchel), a Norse teen, is made a misfit due to his inability to kill a dragon and his weird sense of humor, despite his father, Stoick the Vast (Gerard Butler), being chief of the tribe. Injected into dragon-fighting school, Hiccup attempts to prove himself a  true Viking, but that all changes when he befriends an injured dragon to whom he names Toothless. Views change, friends are made, but most important of all, peace begins.

The second movie begins five years after Hiccup and Toothless brought peace to dragons and Vikings. Now, they spend their time charting unmapped territories near the island. The pair soon find themselves at the brink of another all out war between a power hungry warrior named Drago and at the mercy of a overwhelming discovery of a secret cave that houses hundreds of thousand of dragons. To whom are all led by a mysterious dragon rider, who happens to be Hiccup’s long-lost mother from so long ago. Joining forces, they face Drago. Life is lost and tears are shed. But through it all, families come closer than ever before and victory is won. 

In the third and final movie, Hiccup, now chief of Berk, has begun a peaceful yet chaotic haven. But little do they know when they happen upon a female Light Fury, everything is about change. A threat has risen with a dark promise. Leaving the only place they call home, Hiccup and Toothless must venture to a hidden world, one only known in myth. As fate aligns and destinies unfold, the team will fight to not only protect a new world, but their world and everything they cherish with it. The music will be done by the infamous John Powell, who had conducted the masterful music of the first two films. The journey has been an incredible adventure filled with awe and nostalgia for both the team that brought the trilogy onto the screen and for the fans who watched it. Many hold a great deal of excitement for the finale. One being Hannah Gannon (’21). “CANNOT WAIT.” Gannon said.

Others deem it part of their childhood, like Dalton Wood (’22), “I used to watch ‘em as a kid.” Of course, there are those who don’t care or aren’t into the trilogy. For those who feel this way, try giving it a chance. You might find that you enjoy it. But, whatever happens, it will be one final ride.

See How to Train Your Dragon 3: The Hidden World at your local theatre soon!

3 Comments

3 Responses to “One Final Ride”

1. Hana on March 4th, 2019 12:21 PM

Amazing writing and great description of the movies.I very much enjoyed reading it.

2. Brandon Lacke on March 11th, 2019 1:03 PM

Love the article; reminded me of one of my favorite childhood movies

3. Izzy Patton on March 13th, 2019 12:37 PM

This article is great because it tells you a lot about the movie in a not boring way without giving anything away

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• One Final Ride

Entertainment

Metal is Music

• One Final Ride

Entertainment

What are some things high school students do during the summer to have fun?

• One Final Ride

Entertainment

Lights, Camera, Action!

• One Final Ride

Entertainment

Avengers Assemble Review- SPOILERS AHEAD!

• One Final Ride

Entertainment

The Variety Show is Coming

• One Final Ride

Entertainment

Setting the Stage

• One Final Ride

Entertainment

Meaningful Reads

• One Final Ride

Entertainment

Another Game, Another Excuse

• One Final Ride

Entertainment

Spring Break On a Shoestring

• One Final Ride

Entertainment

A Chilly Trial

The Student News Site of  Holt High School
One Final Ride