Holt students are getting ready to get back into their school routine.

Transitioning from Summer to School

September 4, 2019

The transition from summer to the 2019-2020 school year has not been easy for everyone. Many people struggled mostly with waking up early again and all of the homework.

While interviewing different people throughout the school, I had some people who were so excited about coming back to school this year, and I had some people who were not excited at all. “It was fine because I had a job working with students during the summer.”Ms. Ward said.

When you continue to do the same type of thing over the summer that you did during the school year, it makes it a lot easier to transition from summer to school. For others, such as Ms. Politte, it was not as easy.

“It’s really hard to wake up in the mornings, but it is nice to be back on a schedule, ” Politte said. With our school starting at 7:20 AM, Monday-Friday, it has been very difficult for many people to get back into the routine of waking up early instead of sleeping all morning.

A lot of people had to fix their sleeping schedules because many of us would stay up a lot later during the summer but it is harder to do that during the year because we have to be up so early for school.

It’s really hard to wake up in the mornings, but it is nice to be back on a schedule

— Politte

While interviewing a student at Holt, I got completely different responses from her compared to the others I interviewed. Coming back to school can be different for everyone. Some people are excited for new challenges and experiences, and some are not.

Izzy Patton (’22) had an easy transition from summer to school. “It was good, I knew that this year was going to bring on a lot of new opportunities for me. I have never been so excited and ready to change how I handle school,” Patton said.

There are many ways to positively think about school and Izzy did just that. Many people think negatively about school and that has just become the new normal. Very few people have given me good responses about coming back to school unless it involved seeing their friends on a daily basis.

Seeing friends each day at school is a big motivator for students to come to school every day. The main response that I received from teachers when I asked what their favorite part of coming back to school was that they were excited to see all of their students again. Being able to come to school each day and getting to see people you enjoy being around really helps you have a better outlook on the 2019-2020 school year. 

View Comments (2)

The Tribe • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (2)

All The Tribe Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• A

Aspen DeslongchampsSep 6, 2019 at 9:36 AM

Good article, but try not to say things like, “she said to me….” or “I interviewed…”. Show the readers what you asked using the interviewee’s dialogue, don’t just tell the reader that you interviewed them. They know that. But otherwise a great article! Cool concept!

Reply
  • N

Nick HartungSep 4, 2019 at 9:27 PM

YESSSSSSS ABI

Reply
2