See You at the Pole

Connie Litzsinger

Students and faculty share a prayer at the flagpole on Global Day of Student Prayer.

On September 25, 2019 Global Prayer Day of Student Prayer, students and faculty gather around Holt’s flag pole to join in prayer for our community. Boost 101.9 attended the prayer serving Chick Fil A and a local youth minister brought donuts. Millions of students get together around the world to show their faith and pray to their schools and communities. Connie Litzinger is the sponsor of Holt’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes, also called FCA. Senior leaders Charles Bennett (’20) and Bruce Coffelt (’20) have dedicated their time to the organization to spread their faith and connect with other students who also enjoy the FCA program.

FCA is all about food, fun and God. They spend the first hour of the meetings playing games and eating and then dedicate time to student led discussion and bible study. The student leaders get the responsibility of making discussion and lesson plans. Meetings are every first and third Monday of the moth from 5-7pm with Dr. Litzsinger. “We don’t want it to be as much as a lecture, We want people to want to come back,” senior leader Bruce Coffelt (‘20) said.

FCA also has other events. There is a weekend camp that schools around Missouri come together for, centering around fun and getting together under one big thing in common: religion. “You meet people you never expected. You are introduced to people from all walks of life,” Coffelt said. The next event coming up is Field of Faith in Troy on October 9 where hundreds of people come together in prayer for more bible study. Year after year, it is a growing nationwide event. This year will be the 16th annual Fields of Faith.

FCA is a step into getting more comfortable with your religion. Students have a chance to meet so many different people and instantly have this bond between one another. No one should be afraid to join. Everyone is welcome and accepted in FCA.