Meet Mrs. Kimberly Voss

Ashtyn Heuer

Mrs. Kimberly Voss teaches a large variety of classes here.

Some students have the same teacher over and over for different subjects, no matter how different the subjects are.  Mrs. Kimberly Voss is one of those teachers. Voss has been teaching for 17 years. In those 17 years, Voss has been doing subjects that you might not know of. She taught college communication and English at Troy College. She then taught at a middle school, but then she switched over here, where she has been for the last eleven years. 

Voss got undergrad degree from Mizzou and then her masters at Lindenwood. There she got her masters in teaching theater, dance, fashion, and travel. For her whole life, she has gotten some amazing memories and opportunities.

She started off with being a waitress, but soon that spread into doing many other things. Starting off as a waitress, she traveled to become a travel agent, a dance teacher, secretary, camp counselor, she worked in a clothing store and she taught a Zumba class. Mrs. Voss was a preschool teacher, as well, at one point in her life. Starting off as a preschool teacher than traveling up to becoming a middle school teacher, then a high school teacher and finally a college teacher.

One of her favorite jobs before teaching was being a travel agent. She loved doing it. If she could do it for more time she would, but now as technology grows, people do not have to have a travel agent as much. That is the sad part of being part of a travel agent company. 

Voss teaches Senior Facs, college theater, Housing interior design, child development, career, family relationships, and human relationships. 

Since Voss went to college, mainly for theater, it would make sense that her favorite subject would be theater. In high school she did theater, plays and musicals for all four years. Voss was in the play ‘Cheaper by the dozen’ during high school.

Along with theater in high school, she also was on the debate team for all four years. In the freshman year of high school, she did volleyball and in middle school she did basketball. But she wanted to do the drill team more than that she wanted to play volleyball so she dropped volleyball and did the drill team throughout the four years at high school. Reality only went to the practices to learn the dance because her friend was trying out, and Mrs. Voss’s friend wanted her to come along. Only the thing is that her friend didn’t make it on the team but Mrs. Voss did and soon found out that she loved the sport. 

When Voss isn’t teaching she loves to watch movies and television. She loves both individuals. Recently she watched Ford v Ferrari and she really enjoyed the movie. She also loves all of the Iron Man movies. For a television show, she didn’t think she would like The Walking Dead because normally it isn’t the style of series she normally would be interested in. In the end, she started to enjoy it and the television series soon became one of her favorites to watch. Mrs. Voss also loves to swim, read, and travel. 

She was once upon a time she was a travel agent, so she loves to travel and she is almost there at seeing and reaching to all fifty states. Her next travel location will probably be Florida when one of her sons will be graduating college. After Florida, she would love to go to Alaska for a ‘big trip’. If she could move anywhere she would choose Virginia since she likes the spring and fall. Mrs. Voss has two sons; one who is 26 and the other who is 21 years olds

One of the things that Voss gets inspired by is her family and being able to be with her family. She enjoys learning things from students that she didn’t know of and how that she could use that in the future. She likes to get to know the students better and share knowledge from each other. She also enjoys how students come together and work together, it doesn’t matter if they don’t like each other or if they are not a huge fan of each other they still come together in the class and work together. 

Voss is a wonderful teacher, she teaches understandable which helps a lot of students grow. Students have a chance to change what some of their dreams might be because of coming into one of her classes. Her classes has some fun but it also has some back bone that in each of her classes somewhere in the future you will use a lot of this information, even if you might not think so.