How to Stay Entertained During Quarantine

While many students are off school due to the Coronavirus, that means all of their other activities are cancelled too. From sports to after school activities, students are not allowed to attend. As their activities get cancelled, students are left bored and stuck at home with nothing else to do. While everybody is stuck inside, meeting up with friends has also been a problem too.  Everybody has tried a new idea called “social distancing,” is when people can socialize with their friends to try to prevent a contagious disease from spreading.

Students are trying to find ways to keep themselves entertained during the outbreak. According to the CDC, there have been a total of 239,279 cases and a total of 5,443 deaths in the U.S. The numbers just continue to keep rising. So far in Missouri, 2,113 cases have been detected along with 19 deaths.

However, students have found out ways of how they are going to have fun at this time.

“I have taken online dance classes, made s’mores in the backyard with my family, and have been able to take my dogs on walks with my family. I was also able to go to the park with my family, which was a lot of fun and I enjoyed spending time with family and dogs,” Ava Brickner (‘23) said.

Many students are thriving with the new rule of staying at home and are starting to do very well. Even starting to learn new things or start a new hobby.

“I think kids could be entertained when being stuck at home by definitely trying new hobbies like painting, writing, or reading. Just finding something to improve yourself for after the quarantine is the goal,” Emma Zak (‘21) said.

During the quarantine, students have the opportunity to catch up on any school work.

As the virus keeps spreading, the numbers keep rising and goes on and on. But, we are learning to stay strong and are staying positive during this time. It might be hard trying to communicate with loved ones or friends, but we should always stay safe. No one is not alone, everybody is going through the same situation. Just remember, we are all in this together.