Friday Face Off: Who’s Got Your Vote?

Elli

Kade Bickel (‘21) and Connor Dalton (‘21) pose for a picture with their friends at Red Robin. The two have been working so hard this year and really want to make a difference.

A big event is happening of Friday, the elections for next year’s Student Council! The juniors who are part of the Student Leadership course have a chance to run for president or vice president for next year. Due to school being cancelled to the Coronavirus, a virtual meeting will be held where students have a chance to choose their candidates. Each candidate will run to be president along with someone else who is trying to run for vice president in this election. The word just keeps on spreading!

Kade Bickel (‘21) and Connor Dalton (‘21) are running for president and vice president for next year. The two juniors have been working so hard this year and want to make a difference. As the seniors leave for college, the two want to take their place. They are hoping to get the positions they have wanted and to create a better environment for students.

The two juniors are working together to make a difference and make a better future for students.

“I feel like that I am a good leader. Connor and myself have many innovative and great ideas to help further the school,” Bickel said.

Syndi Scott (‘21) and Emma Zak (‘21) are also teaming up to run for president and vice president next year. They have been planning on what they want the future for students to look like for the next school year and want to make it better. The two have a lot of new ideas for next year.

“I hope to improve the school spirit and morale. I want to make every student to be proud to be from our school,” Zak said.

As the campaigning started on Monday, the virtual election will occur on Friday with the votes.

“I am giving myself advice to go in with an open mind and respect the results of the election in the end, there is nothing to worry about when the election is full of great candidates,” Bickel said.

Emma Zak is also giving herself some good advice when getting ready for the election.

“A piece of advice I tell myself no matter what I am doing is as long as you put in your best effort, be proud of the work you did regardless of the results,” Zak said.

TJ Riley is also running for president and is hoping to make big changes next year.

Many of the candidates are nervous about Friday’s elections, but they are putting in their best effort and are confident. They are very promising to their peers that they want to make a big difference for others and try to make school a better place. If they do not end up getting the position, they know that they still had put in their best effort. Everybody is excited to find out who the new president and vice president are going to be. Good luck Student Council!