Freshmen and Sophomores’ Powderpuff Game

Powderpuff is a staple in high school; it is one of those silly activities that everyone looks forward to and everyone is excited for. It is something that juniors and seniors anticipate; something that freshmen and sophomores can only dream about. But not anymore.

After the cancellation of powderpuff last year, the school decided this year to add a game for the freshman and sophomores. Their hope is to get freshman more involved in homecoming, which goes hand in hand with powderpuff.

Mrs. Chase, the StuCo teacher who runs powderpuff, was not too thrilled with this idea at first because she thought it would take the significance away from the upperclassmen game. However, the freshman and sophomore game is set up differently than the junior and senior one.

To start off with, the game will be shorter than the game for upperclassmen. There will also be no halftime show or freshman and sophomore cheerleaders. “This allows for the regular junior and senior game to be a big exhibition,” said Mrs. Chase.

However, some juniors and seniors are not as open to the idea. A lot of upperclassmen do not think it is fair since they were not able to participate as freshmen and sophomores. “It should be something special that is looked forward to as juniors and seniors,” said Elizabeth Hawkins (‘18).

So as Fall draws closer, everyone holds their breath in anticipation for not one, but two powderpuff games.