FCCLA’s Career Fair

On Thursday, November 17 FCCLA held the annual career fair. Teachers were allowed to pause their lessons and take a trip down to the large gym and check out all of the businesses, colleges and military branches that were set up there.

FCCLA students spend the day in and out of the gym helping students, talking to guests and signing kids in. The members dressed up nice in their red FCCLA shirts and dress pants. The FCCLA members were out of class helping out until 12 o’clock helping make the fair an amazing experience for all. 

A few of the more popular stations were the military tables, the beauty college and the birthing station. Both boys and girls talked to the air force, navy, and other branches of the military and received cool goody bags filled with pamphlets, pens and lanyards. The beauty college was another table visited quite often by mostly girls. The lady at the beauty college table was very friendly and didn’t care if you had PJ’s on for DECA’s pajama day.  The birthing station may have been the most popular among the girls. Dr. Venezia brought pregnant dummies and a rubber baby to help teach the kids about the miracle of birth.

This fair is to help every student decide on what to do after high school whether it be military, trade school, college or apprenticeship. The fair helps spark the student’s curiosity and helps them form ideas on where they want to go. Not long after the fair, on November 21st the counselors visited junior class and presented a PowerPoint about looking at, applying for and visiting college. It is never too early to be looking at colleges and prepare for the future.