The Fire Alarm Saga

Part 2 of the Fire Alarm Saga commenced at precisely 10 am sharp during fourth period, for the second time last week, conveniently on the coldest days of the week. Students rushed out into the cold weather as the Wentzville Fire Department rushed to Holt to see what the issue was.

Holt Administration has yet to discover what exactly is causing the alarms to go off, but believe that it is a faulty alarm somewhere in the building. Yet, they do not know what is causing the alarm to go off. The exact alarm has yet to be discovered, but Holt is working with both the Wentzville Fire Department and the company that installs the alarms in the building, Interface, to fix this problem.

In the past, there have been other false alarms because of dust in the air vents being detected as smoke due to the addition of the third floor.

“When air goes in these ducts, the detector cannot determine if it is dust or smoke, and believes it is smoke, therefore setting off the alarm,” said Principal Shane Schlueter.

Even if it is a false alarm, the fire department is still required to come to the school to identify the problem. Ultimately, it is the fire department’s call to send students back into class for the safety of the students.

“In every case, no matter what the situation is, we are always going to err on the side of caution. Our number one concern is always going to be the student’s’ safety,” said Schlueter.

The Administration has been in touch with the company, Interface, and are working hard to get the workers out here to fix this problem as soon as possible.

As for the students, all they can do is brave the cold and hope the alarms won’t ring again.