The Tribe

• February 23Basketball Boys Varsity Game 7:00 @Home vs FHC

• February 23Basketball Boys JV Game 5:30 @Home vs FHC

Wonder Movie Review

Jada Sosa, Contributor

The movie Wonder tells a heartwarming story of August Pullman, a boy with facial differences who enters fifth grade, attending a mainstream elementary school for the first time. August even wears an astronaut helmet occasionally because of his face. Auggie has been loved, nurtured, and protected, but now that he is older and stronger, his parents recognize that it is time for him to face the world.

Not only does he need to learn fractions and stuff, he also needs to know how to deal with the good, the bad, and the ugly. August soon gets bullied, but meets his long life friend Jack. Some complications with his whole family starts to arise, not just with August. The audience sees more than just August’s problems.

The characters in this movie played their parts better than they needed to. Their emotions were very relatable and true. The settings were very modern, meaning this all happened in present day which worked for the story. The movie went into storylines for all of August’s family members, so the audience gets to backtrack a little in someone else’s shoes.

The audience did not even have to guess what the characters were thinking; there was a narrative to each story. The actors dove deep into their characters emotions and dreams. The actors made the story line so realistic that it could be happening in your neighborhood. The audience knows every emotion that the characters are going through because the directors and actors make them really see it.

Each problem in the movie was very believable, and each of them connected to each other bringing an amazing ending. Wonder shows both sides of bullying. I learned more and more about why bullying really happens and how to conquer it. August was very brave, encouraging, and really a wonder. The movie Wonder was a tearjerker, an inspiration, and sure to be a favorite for many fans.