The Tribe

Best Selling Albums

Alec Reeves, Writer

Music is a thing that makes our world spin. Albums such as Thriller make us feel just as timeless as the music. Thriller comes in first place. Thriller has sold 66 million estimated albums worldwide, which makes it the best selling album. Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-1975 was once the greatest selling album of the twentieth century. Billy Joel, Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II is the third best selling album, selling twenty-two albums worldwide.

Thriller is a great album for lovers of 80s pop. It includes some of Michael Jackson’s most famous songs such as “Thriller”, “Billie Jean”, and “Wanna Be Starting Something”. All of these have a “supernatural” feeling to each of them. The most popular genre of music for teens is pop according to statista.com. This is important because Thriller falls into the pop genre. The reason why Thriller is so great is because of the fact of all of these amazing pop songs that everybody can’t get enough of. Thriller makes the top 100’s multiple times.  

Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-1975 was once the best selling album. That was until Michael Jackson’s death in 2009 which caused the Thriller album to surpass the Eagles. Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-1975 was the greatest album of the twentieth century. Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-1975 was selected for preservation in the National Recording Registry for being “culturally, historically, and artistically significant.”

Billy Joel, Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II is great for uprising rock fans who want to start off slow with soft rock. Billy Joel, Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II has some of his of his most famous songs such as “Piano Man” and “Uptown Girl”. Billy Joel, Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II has made the top 100’s multiple times.

No matter the period of music, music is timeless. All of these albums are worth a listen if you like the genre.

Alec Reeves, Design Editor

This is my second year in Magazine

Design Editor of the Magazine

Aspiring Artist and Journalist

Junior and Class of 2020